Use the button below to pay your 2020 Membership Dues.
The Social Hour starts at 6 PM and announcements at 6:45PM. Presentations start at 7 PM and run to about 8PM.
We will be raffling a guide trip at this meeting for 2 on the St Joe with Ripple Guide Service.
The topic of the talk will be
A Year on the St. Joe
It has been said for the fly-fisherman, the St. Joe River is an enigma wrapped in a mystery. This program will unwrap the mystery of what is quite possibly the best steelhead fishery in the United States. This presentation covers the vast angling opportunities the river and its tributaries offer throughout the year. Included are techniques for steelhead, salmon, smallmouth bass, longnose gar, rod/reel selection, fly selection, terminal rigging, and reading the water.
I’m really excited to announce Ryan as our next guess speaker. Ryan has helped me personally at MRO on many occasions. Ryan will be joining us as a guest speaker on November 12th. Check out some of his best work on YouTube. Just another great night with your pals at COFF. 🙂
Our next meeting is Nov 12 and the speaker is Ryan Ratliff from MRO.
Also we have a casting instruction this Sunday at Scioto Park 10-1PM, with Nicki Page. Should be a great day. We are in the middle pavilion. Please join us. Two handed casting lessons as well!
Please join us at our next meeting on Oct 8 with ODNR biologist Ethan Simmons. Ethan will be presenting on the Kokosing River and the Upper Scioto river.
Our next meeting will be on Sept 10 at Barleys Smokehouse, 1130 Dublin Rd, Columbus, OH 43215
Our guest Speaker will be John Fabian of John Fabian Fly Fishing in Mentor. He’s on Facebook so look him up.
It should be an outstanding presentation on NE Ohio waters and possibly some great insight into NY wild trout fishing.
As usual we will have a social hour from 6-6:45 and then a few minutes of announcements before the presentation
Starts at 7.
Here is a summary: (Total Value ~$3500) 3 Guide Trips, 3 Rods, 1 reel, 1 sling, 2 fly boxes, a couple of dozen flies, and a streamside tool
- Guide Trip on St Mary’s River with Brad Petzke (Donation by Rivers North Guide Service) value $500
- Guide Trip with Scott Smallwood (location TBD) (Donation by Scott Smallwood) Value Priceless
- Guide Trip with Brad Dunkle : Vermillion, Rocky, or lower Mi, (Donation by Wildwood Angles) Value $450
- 2 custom made Kevin Parsons fly rods (Donation by Kevin Parsons) value Priceless
- 3 wt. 10’ Orvis Recon (Donation by Orvis) Value $450
- Ross Animas 5/6 Reel (Donation by Mad River Outfitters) Value $295
- Smith Fly Sling Pack (Donation by Smith Fly ) Value $75
- Orvis Quick Draw Forceps (Donation by Orvis) Value $35
- Custom Made Fishing Box by Russ Frye (Donation by Russ Frye) value Priceless
- 2 Dozen Lance Egan, Jonathan Barnes Tungsten Euro Nymphing Flies (Tied and Donated by Steve Parker)
- TU Madmen Fly box and Flies (Donated by Tom Allen) value Priceless
109 W. North St., Springfield, OH @ Mother Stewart’s Brewing Co.